Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Super Lame Blogger

Yep, that's me. I haven't posted anything in a few weeks. Not because nothing has happened, but because I haven't had time to reflect on anything long enough to determine if I should bother writing about it. Also, I don't have any pictures to share. This makes me think that I generally do not take enough pictures of my life. Lame.

Anyway, the past two weeks have been hella busy, but mostly just boring stuff: work and such. We have been working on a big case at work and my judge is mere days away from embarking on a month long vacation (lucky), so we're trying to clear up his to do list before he goes. Two weeks ago was busy enough and then I got a huge project on Thursday, which caused me to work through the weekend. Last week I finished that up and kept plugging away so at least I got to chill out on the weekend (and I really needed it!). Now things are getting back to normal, which is nice, and I've earned 23 hours of comped time off, which is super awesome.

I haven't been a total hermit either. The past two weeks alone I've been rotating friends to have dinner with and get the dogs together to play at our house. Even when I'm so busy I just want to sleep in my down time, it's great to have lots of social plans. They keep me disciplined, force me to clean my house, and provide a built-in mental break from work, errands, etc. Even so, Leigh and I have scheduled some serious down time for Friday evening. On Saturday we're doing dinner and a puppy play date with some friends, plus party planning.

Did I mention we're hosting a 1960s Mad Men themed party?!?!?! I've never thrown a theme party before so this should be interesting. Basically, it's an excuse to dress up and drink too much while listening to old music. I'm so excited!!!

Our house is still rocking my world, even though today our alarm system went on the fritz so Leigh and I rushed home from work at 11am to find nothing wrong. Hopefully that doesn't happen too often. Juneau Cat is her typical cutie pie self and Cannelle Puppy is growing and full of energy of course. Both are beautiful and perfect. Sometimes I'm amazed at how much I love those little girls.

Leigh is coming down from a very tough time of year at work. She pulled through her first truly busy season with flying colors. Now she can coast through until Christmastime when absolutely nothing big happens at her job. Speaking of Christmas and winter in general, my friend Joan pointed out to me that there's snow on the mountains as of this morning! Wow! Of course this means we're still several weeks away from snow on the ground, but still.... crazy! It's almost ski/sweater/snow boots/darkness 18 hours per day season.

Speaking of Christmas again, our vacation plans are almost complete. We have our flights booked and have arranged to stay at a condo near Orlando owned by my friend's parents. It should be amazing and relaxing and comparably warm. I can't wait! Now we just need to book a car, save some spending money, and we're all set.

So that's the general update. Hopefully soon I'll do something fun enough to take pictures of and blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment