Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Is It Christmas Yet?

Or at least Dec 20?!?! That's when we fly to Florida for our first vacation since Hawai'i. We really need to get away more. At this point it's been 8 months since we took any real time off and I think it's pretty obvious to everyone around us how much we need a break. Leigh and I are both grumpy all the time and tired and bored at work. We're letting things go like our diets and our housework and we're starting to lose our grip on the pre-vacation budget we set for ourselves. There's only so much scrimping and saving you can do for so long! We're even being less diligent about making sure our puppy gets the exercise she needs, which means more time defending myself against the giant hyperactive snuggle monster who lives in my house!

Anyway, we need a break.

On a more positive note, I plan to submit my law review article TONIGHT. Then I'll have a little piece of my life back. I can just focus on my work, my health, and my family responsibilities. While we're away I plan to really relax, read for pleasure, and start drafting some cover letters to apply for jobs after the New Year. If everything comes together well I should be preparing for interviews in early spring (*fingers crossed*).

In the meantime I'm literally counting down until we fly out the morning of December 20. We have two amazing weeks planned enjoying time to ourselves and with both sides of our family. My dad even emailed me our Christmas gift: two tickets to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!! So excited!!! AND last weekend we got a great deal on a digital camera at Costco, so I might actually start posting pictures again one of these days.

*sigh* well, I have a very busy week at work so I should get back to it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment