Monday, May 25, 2009

Graduation

May 23 was graduation day. My dad and step-mom drove up to Buffalo from Virginia to attend my ceremony along with Leigh. After sitting through 3 hours of very long speeches I got my hood and my "diploma" (the real one is being mailed later) and then we went out to eat. We kept it simple and everything went very well, which is a nice change from my other two graduations (i.e. when I ended up in the emergency room when graduating from high school). 

Anyway, here are some pictures from the big day!

The faculty on stage

Being "hooded" by Professors Ewing and Joyce.

Dad and I after the ceremony

Leigh and I. Is it just me, or does my oversized robe make me look like a mushroom?

Leigh's birthday was the same weekend so I used the strawberries we got while driving through the south to bake her a strawberry pie instead of a cake. I am happy to report that it was a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment