Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Paris, Dahling.....

Thanks to the slight amount of peer pressure I felt the past few days, I have booked tickets to and from Paris for the weekend of March 20-22. I will take an overnight train on Friday night after work (in a couchette, of course, I need my beauty sleep!) and will fly back to Nice on Monday evening. The coolest part about all of this is that I get three whole days in Paris without missing a single day of work!

I saw most of Paris while I was there for Christmas, but this time I think I would like to focus on the Latin Quarter and Montmartre, both of which I only saw briefly last time. I will be meeting a friend I met in Taize in Paris so, of course, my itinerary will depend 50% on what she would like to do. No matter what we do it will be a great time because it's a weekend away in a beautiful, decadent city with good company.

Now I just need to figure out where we'll stay. So far I have sent out a few Facebook messages and checked couchsurfing.org. Hopefully we will find something for free but, if not, there are a fair few very cheap lodging options in and around the city. All is well and I still have a few weeks to iron out the details.

So March is looking like this right now:
13-15: Arles, Marseille (The Cranberries in concert), and Avignon with Damian
19-22: Paris with Clara
26-29: Cinque Terre, Italy with Jescy
April 2-19: Insane Spring Break Trip 2010 (see Upcoming Journeys & Events for full details)

This means I'll be using this weekend and the weekend of March 6 to do ALL of my lesson plans for the foreseeable future so I can actually enjoy these crazy excursions! I may have lost my mind a tiny bit with all of my planning, but I am really enjoying Europe and at no point in the future will I be able to look back on my sejour here and think for a moment that I wasted this opportunity in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment