Sunday, February 7, 2010

Taize

In about 20 minutes I will head out my door, gigantic pack strapped to my back, in the direction of the train station to catch my TGV to Taize. I'm pretty excited but also a bit overwhelmed. The living conditions at Taize are a bit like camping, so I feel like no matter what I take with me I'll wish I had some other comfort item once I get there. My only consolation is knowing that thousands of people have done this before me and many are probably even more high maintenance than myself, so I know I will be fine. Besides, there is a cafe type thing there that sells toothpaste and stuff in case I find myself desperately needing something. Also, I never did find an English Bible this week like I had hoped. I suppose if I really need a Bible I can probably buy one at the gift shop thingy they have there.

Other than the obvious discussions and church services, I have no idea what to expect on this retreat. All I know is when I first heard of it as a 17 year old something told me it is something I must do in my life. This is the perfect opportunity for me to go, even if I don't really feel ready at this particular moment in time. Everything will be fine because this is an adventure and I am really good at going on adventures.

More later about this later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,

    A piece of mail that looks like it could be a tax form came in the mail for you the other week. What would you like me to do with it or where should I send it?

    I hope you're having a great time in France!!

    (I can't find your current email address either -- eep!!)

    ReplyDelete