Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Soooo Lazy!

I have been the epitome of lazy for the past few days. Last week was on the slow side at work, so I can only mentally list a few professional accomplishments, but at least the days passed quickly. During the weekend I went for a short ski, did a ton of baking and cleaned the apartment with Leigh. That's pretty much it. I've also been eating a lot, which isn't good seeing as I was finally making some progress in that area... and we're going to Hawaii soon!

We also drove out to Chugiak to have a look around and really like it there. We are thinking of moving there sometime in the future. The houses are beautiful and appear to be custom built, a nice change from Anchorage's endless rows of square, brown boxes we call houses. It's about 20-30 minutes drive from dowtown with great views of the mountains and near the Chugach State Park. There are also a few municipal parks with hiking/skiing trails nearby. Overall it seems like a nice, quiet place to live.

But that's all in the future. For now I really need to focus on getting my week going. I have a few projects at work that need my attention and I really need to fit some skiing in this week. Most likely there won't be any skiing to be had after the end of next week. Spring would be a welcome change, but part of me is really afraid that next winter I won't have the slightest clue how to ski and will have to learn all over again! Leigh and I are planning to take weekly classes next Fall to learn the technical skills and how to skate-ski, which will be a lot of fun! We also recently joined a local Nordic Ski Association, which has many perks including discounted use of a cabin in Hope. We're heading out there in September for some late season hiking but maybe we'll go sometime this summer to commune with the bears as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment