Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Professional Frustrations

I'm pretty friendly, especially at work where it's part of being professional. I pride myself on being easy to work with and able to find at least one or two things I like about a person so we can get along. This becomes more difficult when the other person has no interest in being professional, mature, or even nice. That's what's happening now. I shouldn't let this bother me because my life is pretty great: I have a great spouse, a sweet cat, exciting life/career goals and am just generally very happy. Not everyone can say this and I know when I go home at the end of the day I'm more content than the person causing my troubles at work. But it DOES bother me that my colleague can't even be nice to me, makes cutting remarks, is unnecessarily judgmental of others, and even refuses to answer simple questions as though I'm competition or have ill wishes for her. I'm not and I don't! I just want to get along with people and, if we click, maybe even develop a friendship. Instead I get to share space with a grumpy, downright unpleasant person for 40 hours per week. Days like today make me wish it was August and I was moving onto clerkship #2 on the 4th Floor with my OWN office..... Anyway, that's enough whining for now. I should just buckle down and be a grownup about this. Venting Ceased...

No comments:

Post a Comment