Tuesday, January 24, 2012

6th Anniversary

Last weekend was my 6th wedding anniversary. Leigh and I used a Groupon to stay at a brand new property in Homer, AK. Our cabin was partially underground with a view of Kachemak Bay. The weather was clear and sunny, the skiing was fun, the food was delicious. It was pretty amazing.
Sunset over Kachemak Bay

It was a weekend that allowed us to celebrate our relationship, but most importantly the friendship that makes up our relationship. We did the things we love doing together: cooking, chilling out, skiing, and exploring new places. We both love to do a lot of different things, but most importantly we love sharing those experiences with each other.
Leigh getting her ski on. She's so pretty.

So we had a great weekend. Things are going better in a lot of ways too. My work is less stressful, mostly because my work environment has been more relaxed the past week or so. I don't know what changed, but I'm glad it did. Now I'm slowly applying for job opportunities to start in the late summer or early fall. So far I have found three that sound interesting. This weekend we're hosting friends for dinner. Next month we're taking a ski trip with some friends of mine from work. In all life is stable, if not pretty darn good.

It's amazing how a weekend away to decompress can change your perspective on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment