Tuesday, April 7, 2009

French Teaching Assistantship

Yesterday afternoon I received a highly anticipated but also very early email regarding my application to teach English conversation and culture for the French public school system. I didn't expect to hear back until next month, possibly in the midst of studying for the bar exam in Anchorage.

I got the job! I'm moving to the Nice area in the south of France sometime in the fall to work for 6-9 months, depending on my assignment. I haven't received the job details yet but I have been accepted and replied confirming my participation in the program.

So EXCITING!

The job doesn't pay a lot but it's enough to live on and I don't have to work full time so there's plenty of opportunity to make extra money tutoring or something on the side. Hopefully I can find inexpensive housing, that's my primary challenge.

Anyway, this is great news because now I have a tangible plan for the next year of my life and I still get to do some serious traveling. 

Coming back down to Earth- I have a ton of homework to get started on so I should do that now. Counting the days till graduation...

No comments:

Post a Comment