Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Past Few Weeks

Somehow I have managed to completely ignore a few pictures I took over the past few weeks that I feel are worth sharing.

As I mentioned previously, I went to Buffalo to visit Leigh, Juneau and our mutual friends a few weeks ago. During that visit Leigh took me hiking at Eternal Flame Trail. We failed to find the eternal flame, but I did demonstrate an important survival skill for Leigh's benefit:

This is how to properly drink from a flowing stream while hiking when you forget your water bottle. Clearly this is a very technical skill that must be practiced with care. 

This is Emerson Giselle Lopez McCann, my roommate's cat. She lives in Spanish Harlem with Lorrie and I. When Lorrie is out of town Emmy and I throw little slumber parties. We watch movies in my room and wait for pigeons to land on the fire escape. She's a sweety pie and very talkative. Since Lorrie was out of town a fair amount this past month Emmy and I spent a lot of time together.

One of my very few culinary successes. What we have here is a Tico-Mexi Partfait. It is refried beans topped with gallo pinto then topped with mole-infused white meat  chicken. Yum. I was so proud of my creation that I took a picture!


Last weekend my new friend Michelle invited me to visit her in Ronkonoma, NY on Long Island. I really needed to get out of the city so I happily accepted her invitation. I took the train from Penn Station to Ronkonoma Station. About 45 mins after leaving Penn Station we passed Hicksville, which really only underlines the New York City attitude that NYC is not only the center of the universe, but everywhere else is Hicksville.

No comments:

Post a Comment