Monday, January 4, 2010

Baby it's cold outside

Cross-posted to my website blog.

So, it's not exactly horribly cold here at 45 degrees F, but wasn't I promised a sunny and mild winter here in Cote d'Azur?

Yeah, I thought so.

This weird global freeze we're all experiencing the past few weeks has even made it's way to one of the most beautiful and coveted destinations on the planet. My dad and step-mom have had to cancel a road trip from Virginia to West Virginia due to well below freezing temps (dangerous to drive on mountain roads). In Florida my brother's family is sleeping in their living room huddled around their gas fireplace to stay warm (their heat pump broke, go figure).

It's not so bad here. I don't ever have to deal with snow or icy sidewalks. Sometimes there's a bit of frost on the ground. The wind picks up to a real gust sometimes and some days the sun never comes out, which is all a vast improvement over three years in cloudy crappy Buffalo.

Nevertheless, where's my endless summer?!

I expect consistently chilly and somewhat rainy weather the rest of this month and most likely well into February. I think mid-March is a safe estimate of when the temperatures will rise again and that crazy blue color will return to the water.

So I'm looking forward to spring rolling around again when I can experience this Cote d'Azur thing I was briefly introduced to back in October. I'm ready for spending my days off at the beach, wearing sunglasses just to run errands, and working on a tan that will make all my relatives jealous upon my return to the US in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment