Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yummy

I am currently eating something quite delicious and I made it myself *gasp*!!!

I don't cook. That's what I have a wife for..... just kidding! I married her before she could make much more than hot breakfast and hamburger helper, but she has really blossomed in her cooking abilities over the past 3 or 4 years. In that same period of time I have gone from someone who could make about 7 different real dishes to someone who can barely cook chicken without it drying out and someone who thinks successfully making spaghetti is a big deal. So me cooking something that tastes good is pretty spectacular.

My wife has gone back to America, the old country (I just wanted to say that) so I'm left to fend for myself until May. The past few days I have eaten a lot of different foods with Nutella on it for flavor and protein purposes. I have also made curry, which is pretty much just heating up canned curry and adding meat, and spaghetti, which was yummy. Then tonight I decided to branch out- chicken, veggies, and chevre chaud.

The chicken is salty and spicey and perfectly cooked (still juicy!), the veggies have a 4 seasoning blend on them that I dashed on piecemeal myself, the chevre chaud is perfectly gooey with a small soft baguette to spread it on. There's even leftover olive oil with infused spices left for the rest of the bread.

I'm so proud of myself and so happy because I was really hungry today! Yay for self-sufficiency and yay for good food!

Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment