Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wallingford Waiting

Just finished the Wallingford market and waiting for Leigh. The wifi here is awesome. I think this will be a regular thing. Of course, it's more fun when hobos don't come up and ask for "gas money," turn down an offer to call someone for them and the $5 you've offered but instead and ask you to use your bank card to get more money for them. The last time I took cash out for someone I got mugged and lost $40. I was 19 and traveling through WV. It was the middle of the night and pretty scary. Plus, at that time, it took me a whole day to earn $40. At least I learned my lesson when I was young and new when to tell him to get lost. He didn't need gas money like he said, he was just begging and thought I was stupid enough to believe his lie. People suck sometimes.

Anyway, today was OK. Leigh made double what I did in sales, which is awesome for her. We've been enjoying the city on our rare days off and recently have splurged for a little shopping. It's amazing how little I came home from France with. None of my old stuff fits (too big) and the stuff I wore in France I mostly wore out completely and so needs replacing. Plus the amount of stuff I'll need starting in the Fall is almost overwhelming, so better to take care of this in stages.
How do you like my rationalization to go shopping? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment