Friday, May 20, 2011

Tough Times Turn Wonderful

It's amazing that only a week ago I was blogging about some pretty heavy issues weighing on my mind. While those issues have yet to be resolved, namely my health concerns, making positive progress is certainly in the works. Then the most amazing thing happened, we bought a house, and now everything is looking just a little brighter. I think this just goes to show that sometimes a person just needs a little bit of joy to make all other worries a bit lighter.

It also shows how miserable our current rental has made us since we moved here last August! It may seem silly, especially to people who have always been pretty comfortable in their homes, but your surroundings and your home really do have a huge impact on your quality of life. Leigh and I have always prided ourselves on being very low-maintenance in terms of housing needs. We don't require a lot of space or a lot of upgrades. In fact, when we were in France we shared a two bedroom, one bath apartment with two roommates. It was a very nice apartment, but limited on space and privacy and we made it work because we were so happy in all other aspects of our lives... I mean, we were in Europe for goodness sake! But our current apartment has certainly tested our limits. Happily, we can literally count the days until we're done living here and done with renting for the forseeable future!

Even aside from house excitement, this week has been pretty wonderful. I've had my office to myself, which has been so quiet and stress-free, my apartment has stayed pretty clean, the weather has been lovely, I rode my bike to work today for "Ride Your Bike to Work Day," and Leigh's birthday is tomorrow! Celebrating birthdays is fun in our house because one of us gets spoiled and the other gets to enjoy the spoiling. In addition. we always do something fun together and enjoy one or two indulgent meals. Leigh's 30th is no different: we're heading out of town for the day, probably stopping for breakfast at a bakery I've heard of in Girdwood, then doubling back to Girdwood after our "road trip" to have dinner at the famous Double Musky restaurant(assuming we can get a table!). It will be so much fun and we have so much to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad everything has started looking better for you! Enjoy Leigh's birthday this weekend!

    ReplyDelete