Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Home Inspection

Yesterday evening, after work, we had our required home inspection of the house we're in the process of buying. Things went pretty well overall, nothing major needs to be repaired anyway, and so we can now go ahead with a little bit less stress. The majority of repairs were very small and low cost, but the inspector did suggest we have the roof shingles replaced. Luckily this is not terribly expensive, and the realtor assured us that the seller would want to do that in order to sell the house to any buyer, so odds are these requests will be agreed to. I certainly hope so!

It was so exciting to pull up to the new house and see the "SOLD" sign nailed across the realtor's sign! Everything is happening so fast that sometimes my head starts to spin a little bit. I would guess we are about 1/2 way to finishing this process in terms of steps taken, but we still have to wait 52 days before we get the keys... torture!!!!



We've been so busy getting our mortgage information together and making and keeping appointments that we've hardly had time to keep up with our normal routines. For months we were really good about eating right everyday (minus the cheating days everyone is entitled to every week or so) and exercising multiple times per week, for at least an hour. Plus we tend to keep the apartment pretty clean simply because it's so tiny that there's hardly a choice. The past two weeks have been such a whirlwind that we've barely exercised (I've ridden my bike to or from work a few times, that's it!) and often eaten badly. The past 24 hours are particularly telling for me: yesterday I had half a shortbread cookie with frosting before noon and A LOT of pizza for dinner. This morning I had a healthy breakfast followed by a slice of my co-worker's chocolate birthday cake. Now you all know that I can't say no to chocolate, so I'm not going to try to say it was just a moment of weakness. I actually think that consuming chocolate is a near-religious experience for me, but I digress.


We, especially I, have GOT to get on the ball. Tonight we have plans to clean and do laundry and hopefully fit in a bike ride and cook at home. This weekend we're meeting friends for drinks on Friday and meeting other friends for a long hike on Saturday. That should be a great way to jump-start a healthy week next week.


Next up: repairs and the appraisal, then HOPEFULLY getting full approval from the mortgage company without too much extra work....

No comments:

Post a Comment