Monday, June 25, 2012

Outdoor Update

This winter was a tough winter for everyone and everything, including our lawn and plants. So far this summer we've put A LOT of effort into restoring our yard to it's former glory. When the snow melted we decided to sign up for a year's worth of lawn cleaning service. This means every Wednesday while we are at work the dog poop fairy comes and cleans up our lawn. After a few weekends of buying plants, potting soil, etc and many hours potting and arranging plants, we had a pretty decent looking back yard. 


The grass has even filled in quite a bit since I took this picture a few weeks ago. Everyone was enjoying the yard, especially Cannelle. She now spends many hours basking in the sunshine, sniffing the flowers, and chasing toys in her clean, pretty yard. 



Then, one evening last week, Cannelle decided that she hates the new yard and did this.



Actually, what happened was I moved a cinder block that was in that spot to keep Cannelle and her little puppy friend from digging under the porch. Thinking Cannelle's digging days were over, I moved the block for use elsewhere. The very next day I find she's excavated the area so that she can get her giant puppy self under the porch for further exploration. Yes, that is a PILE of dirt pushed up against our gate. All I could do is rake the dirt back under the porch and replace the cinder block. So much for regrowing the grass in that area.

Emily, repeat after me: I love my puppy, I love my puppy, I love my puppy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment