Thursday, August 13, 2009

work, work, work

not a lot has happened since I last posted. I spent a few days at the farm and worked a bit there. I hoed about an acre of pepper plants and herb gardens, which took 6 hours of hard labor. My hands still hurt, my back aches, and my legs are sore but I got a bit of a tan, burned calories, and made money so who am I to complain?

I was supposed to spend this week in Rock Island playing farmer, but at the last minute was sent to Seattle to cover a few markets. I guess somebody called in sick or something, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm staying at the Seattle house by myself this week, which is really nice. I've been cooking and doing laundry and generally chilling out. Today I'm selling at the lake city market north of Seattle, which is fine. Not the best neighborhood but the market goes by pretty fast and I have a co-worker to help today. I get tomorrow off (yay!) which is so very exciting. I coudl really use a day to enjoy the city, eat something I didn't cook (I'm a terrible cook), go to the library downtown and maybe stop in for some See's candy. I might even take some picture sto post one of these days since the weather has been so great and the city is in full form these days. Sounds like a great day, eh?

Another set of grandparents are visiting from Spokane on Monday and Tuesday, which is uber exciting. I haven't seen my grandpa for over 3 years and I haven't seen my step-grandmother Chris in at least 5 years. I suspect we'll have a lot of catching up to do, will probably hang out with my little cousins and get dinner out. Who knows what else, but it's always a good time with my grandpa Jim and Chris.

However, I have failed to start re-learning French and I have neglected the books I"m trying to read this month. I'm always so tired from working hard and just want to eat something and then pass out at the end of the day. There's a certain unique satisfaction to being that tired, but I wish I had a little more time or energy for other leisure activities.

At this point I'm just over 2 weeks away from returning to the east coast. I'm starting to get pretty homesick for Leigh, my dad's house, and familiar surroundings in general. It will be really nice to have a few weeks to do nothing but prepare for France and visit with the most important people in my life. I also really miss my cat.

Well, I should get a move on it. The market calls.....

No comments:

Post a Comment