Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sugar, Cranberries, and Airplanes

Today is my last day in Seattle. I finished up last week working Pike Place, Lake City and Bellevue markets. All in all this has been a really great experience. I've really enjoyed meeting new people through the farmer's market social circle, eating good food, hanging out in Seattle and reconnecting with family members.

Today I'm hanging out downtown doing the coffee and See's Candy ritual while I watch True Blood on my computer. The barista at Seattle's Best just gave me a free sample of a coffee milkshake, too, so I'm pretty sugared up! After this I'm heading down to the Seattle Art Museum for a bit and then heading home to pack.

I talked to Leigh yesterday who informed me that The Cranberries are reuniting and touring!!! AAAHHHH!!! Anyone who knows me AT ALL knows that The Cranberries early music was a defining aspect of my adolescence. I saw them live once when I was 14 and simply MUST see them again now!!! They're touring the US in late 2009 and Europe in 2010. Luckily I will be in Europe until May of 2010. Hopefully they'll be somewhere within a stone's throw of southern France. If not I'm willing to fly to Germany or the UK to see them.

EEK! EXTREME HAPPINESS!!!

Well, I fly out tomorrow and own too much crap to pack so I should probably get a move on. At some point tonight I need to go through my things and seriously consider getting rid of as much of it as possible.

That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment