Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Love These Things

Snagged from bstellad on livejournal:

1. What is the biggest risk you have taken in the past year?

Moving to France instead of staying in the US and temping/paying my dues until I find a lawyer gig. Moving here was scary, expensive, and completely outside of my career training but I think I will be so glad to have done it in the end. Though at the moment, it's still scary.

2. If you could change one aspect of your physical appearance, what would be it be?

My height. I have an idea that if I were average height it would solve most of my problems. I would be thinner, my clothes would fit, and people would take me more seriously as an adult. Plus I think I'm kind of odd looking being so short with such broad shoulders and I've been told that my being so small and having a "tall person's personality" puts people off sometimes.

3. Least favorite Christmas gift this year.

My family isn't big on gifts, so I usually like mine a lot since they are few and well thought out. I think my worst gift ever was a pair of jeans my mom got me. They were really big, like huge. When I tried them on and they fell down around my ankles with the button still fastened I knew for a fact what my mother thought of me. For some reason I wouldn't let her exchange them, probably because I didn't want her to feel bad about getting me a gift I couldn't use.

4. If you were stuck eating only one food every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Wow, well right now the only food I really get to eat is pasta because it's cheap in France and easy to make in my ghetto kitchen. That's turning out OK, but I really miss protein filled meals. I would probably say a steak dinner because it has a nice flavor and a great variety of nutrients... but bstellad's answer of ice cream is a pretty great option too.

5. What is one stereotype or bias that you are ashamed to admit you still hold?

I have still hold so many stereotypes and biases that I would never admit. I'm a very judgmental person, mostly because I find that a lot of stereotypes prove themselves to be rooted in truth. The important thing is that I do not treat people differently based on my gut reactions when I see them do something stereotypical or to confirm my bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment