Sunday, October 11, 2009

I will not be seeing Tegan & Sara play in Europe : (

I finally got my work schedule for the school year and it's not too shabby. I work Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and I teach 12 lessons per week.

However, this schedule makes it impossible for me to see Tegan & Sara play ANY of their shows ANYWHERE in Europe. I guess technically I could spend an arm and a leg flying to the city of venue, getting a hotel, etc and get back in time for my next work day but let's be honest- I don't make much money. My original plan was to see them in Berlin and stay with a friend from high school. That was all very doable.

Now the only shows I could afford to travel to/stay overnight occur mid-week, so that cuts into my work schedule and the weekend shows are in cities that are rather expensive to fly to or would take 20+ hours to travel to by train.

It's just my bad luck that they're all over Europe for a whole month and during that month I have NO SCHOOL BREAKS and most of their gigs are mid-week. WTF? It's as though I was not meant to see Tegan & Sara play a show this year, even though I've been wanting to see them live for over a year now! Not to mention the fact that T&S are extensively touring Canada this time around. Where did I live up until a week ago? That's right, a whole 1 hour from Toronto and only a couple hours from Ottawa and a day's drive from Montreal.

Ladies, you have failed me in your world tour planning process. Why isn't Nice on your tour list? Or Marseille? Or Venice even, that's only 6-8 hours away. I could do Venice.... Did the -pink-shorts-wearing-sunbathing-in-the-middle-of-autumn-excessive-fun-in-the-sun aspect of the French Riviera scare the Canadian indie rockers away?

Perhaps.

I still love your music though. You can make it up to me by playing a show in Alaska next year : )

No comments:

Post a Comment