Monday, January 31, 2011

Updates from Recent Days (Twitter Style)

  • Last week was crazy. I had a pile of files on my desk all week and am still knee-deep in a trial that won't die. We're in the post-sentencing stage, but are not dealing with "miscellaneous hearings." Learning a lot, but ready to move on!
  • This week looks less crazy so far. Just two rather annoying complicated pieces of research. Is it stupid for me to work at these projects with the idea that one day my desk will be clear? I mean, there's ALWAYS another file...
  • I'm really enjoying the longer days. It's just before 10:00 now and truly light outside. Also, after work the sun doesn't finish setting until around 17:00 or a tad later. Can't wait for long summer days!
  • Had fun last night with knew friends. Leigh and I saw "Clue" on stage with the Tuckers and ate food that was bad for us. The alfredo I regret, but I'd eat the chocolate cake again and again and again....
  • Speaking of food and related things, I've been super lazy about exercise lately. What is wrong with me? I enjoy it! It's good for me! I sleep better and feel better when I workout! Yet my lazy ass was chose to skip the gym all but twice last week. Lesson: Must. Change. Attitude. Go. To. Gym. Daily.
  • Last week I spoke French on two separate occassions. It was lovely! On Saturday I met up with an online group and this past Friday I had lunch with the judge I'll work for next year. I think I am really going to enjoy working for him. With just those two chances to practice I started noticing a difference in my ability to put sentences together and recall vocabulary. Lesson: Must. Practice. More.
  • Leigh and I oggled cross-country ski packages at REI on Saturday. That was fun. Once we get our initial lesson I think we'll go ahead and invest in this new sport. If we're going to live in a place where winter lasts 6 months per year, we'd better find a hobby that fits the weather, eh? We will probably only get about 3 or 4 good weeks of skiing this year since we are late getting started, but then it'll be spring which means hikes and cycling! Yeah!

Alas, I cannot procrastinate any longer. My memo awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment