Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thirsty Thursday

No, I'm not going drinking tonight, but I am having a drink with a friend tomorrow to celebrate her finishing the Alaska Bar Exam. Results aren't available for about three months, but getting through the studying and 3 days of testing is a feat unto itself. I'm so proud!

In other news, Anchorage has been particularly sunny and beautiful lately. Leigh and I went skiing after work on Tuesday and it was devine! We'd had a little bit of snowfall late last week, which makes the trails a smidge slower. For us, this is a good thing because we're still learning and really appreciate the extra traction. We've also discovered that using the classical X-C tracks on the righthand side of the trails helps us to enjoy speeding down hills more. It gives the skis more stability and reduces the number of wipe-outs significantly. We're planning to go skiing again this evening and throughout the weekend while we still have snow and this beautiful weather.

The new blog now exists in the Intar-webs, but has no content yet. I need to take some time to do some writing this weekend and organize some photo albums to make slideshows. I've also lined up a few friends to potentially contribute their own entries later on, once the blog has a little bit of writing on it already. I think having others' perspectives and experiences will really help to round the project out. I mean, I've done a lot of traveling but this blog isnt' about me or a glorification of my travels: it's about the traveling community at large and I want everyone to find it enjoyable and useful. Once the blog has a good deal of content I plan to buy a web address, sign up for some advertising, and possibly expand the content to related topics. For now, I just want to focus on producing some well-written entries and useful information. We'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment