Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday Ickiness

Over the weekend Leigh and I took the Cannelle puppy for a hike. We didnt' get very far because the puppy started to whine a little from being tired/lazy and my stomache started flipping over on a regular basis. A few times I had to stop and wait to see if I needed to vomit. I didn't, but it made the hike less fun nonetheless. Then yesterday I was fine all day until about 3pm and the ickiness started to set in. My joints were sore, my throat hot, my tummy upset. There was no explanation at all. I went to bed at 8:30 and slept through the night. This morning I wasn't feeling great either, but it wasn't enough to keep me home from work. I've been drinking juice, tea and water all day and chewing vitamin C tablets to boot. Hopefully whatever this is will pass because nothing stinks like feeling sick in the Summer.

Today is also Day 2 of being completely alone in my big, cold, empty office. I've been flying solo working for 10 judges since the end of July and then hosted an intern in my office until last Friday. It's nice that things are quiet, but it's just making this very long transitional period even longer. I'm not a patient person and I'm not really enjoying this time either, so the sooner September 1 (and my new office/clerkship) rolls around the better.

So anyway, I'm getting my work done slowly but surely and just waiting for the days to pass. This weekend we might go to Hatcher Pass for some hiking and camping, but only if the weather is nice. Otherwise who knows. It's a shame to waste summer days, but there's no point braving shitty weather and being miserable all weekend. I suppose if we're stuck at home we can finish putting the house together, hanging pictures and the like.

Well, I should really make a dent in the growing pile of shit work on my desk and get ready for my afternoon meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment