Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Berlin in List Form

In the past four days I have accomplished the following:
1. caught a nearly impossible flight at 6am
2. attended a kick-ass concert for one of my favorite bands and discovered a new band I like pretty well
3. Met the members of one of my favorite bands and I have the pictures to prove it!
4. visited countless Berlin points of interest varying from the East Side Gallery of the Berlin Wall, the Brandenburg Gate, and the largest department store in Europe.
5. completed a Free Tour
6. visited Humboldt University, the Harvard of Germany
7. visited Sachenhausen, the concentration camp about an hour from Berlin and where the events in the movie The Counterfeiters took place
8. visited Charlottenburg Schlotts (Castle)
9. ate a currywurst (OK) and a schnitzel (not OK) followed by gelato (pretty darn good)
10. got a haircut on the fly from a place called Magic Cutters for 10 euros and it looks so much better than the 20 euro hack job I got at the end of January! Further proof that Germany is a cooler country than France (even though French food and wine is vastly superior to that of Germany, but I guess you can't have everything, eh?)
11. completely exhausted myself running around Europe and then realized I'm not nearly finished!

Good thing I have 4 days in Barcelona where laying on the beach and doing nothing is totally OK with me..... except I also need to see that architecture, Gaudi Garden, Dali Museum, etc etc etc...

I guess I can sleep when I'm dead :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment