Friday, November 5, 2010

FRIDAY!

This week really flew by! I can't be happier it's Friday though, because I worked pretty hard this weekend and could use some down time. On Tuesday, after a disasterous attempt to ride my bike in the snow, I joined the Captain Cook Hotel's gym here in Anchorage. The rate is reduced for me because I work at the Courthouse (awesome) and I get credit for the restaurants in the Captain Cook Hotel. I've used the facilities every day so far this week and am trying out the different classes. I've found that spinning classes are really hard but a great way to get a lot of exercise in just one hour and the teachers are awesome. I also learned that west coast yoga (crunchy, granola, borderline religious in nature) is totally different from east coast yoga (compact, serious workouts on a strict schedule that leave you shaky and sweaty). My pilates class last night was too easy because the other students were older and rickety, but the teacher promised if I come back she'll make sure it's challenging for me. I really like the high level of customer service at this place, including the staff trying to remember me by name. I've never been so well cared for before!

This morning I even tested out my food and beverage credit by enjoying a yummy blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee at the Whaletail coffee bar. It was pretty nice to order my breakfast and not have to worry about paying for it!

Well, speaking of gyms I'm doing a lunchtime working in 10 minutes. It's the only way to combat the free food that comes into the courthouse every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment