Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wet & Rainy

Hello all! (I mean, the two or three of you who sometimes stumble upon my blog...)

I'm in a good mood today in a rare way. I have no idea why! There's certainly plenty of work to be done, I got to work really late due to frozen streets (so I waited to leave home until the air temp rose a bit and the rain hit puddles upon impact instead of turning to more ice), likely won't get tons done today because I have some odd scheduling things happening, doubtful I'll get a workout because of my late start, and I'm fairly certain my immune system is trying to ward off a nasty winter ailment. Normally I would find a day like today very, very annoying but for some reason I'm feeling downright chipper. Awesome! I suspect it may have to do with my having a yummy breakfast of Nutella toast and orange spice tea in lieu of my recent trend to oversleep and thereby forfeit my breakfast time.... hhmm...

Anyway, this is a rather short week because of the holiday, which is nice, but the weather has been pretty testing with ice everywhere making for stressful commutes. Leigh and I are planning to cook a small traditional dinner on Thursday, nothing fancy but enough for making leftover sandwiches in the following days. We're also going to take in our second viewing of the new Harry Potter movie (which is awesome, by the way, really leaves nothing out and the performances are top notch). Friday it's back to work as usual then four weeks of normal work until Christmas...ugh! It's this grueling schedule (yeah, I know, most lawyers work twice as many hours as I do) that makes me miss France an awful lot..... Oh well, c'est la vie americaine....

Leigh and I have been talking more about taking a trip to Asia after my clerkship. For a while I thought I'd run off to Europe for a few months, but it just isn't practical because Leigh has to start her coursework around the same time. It seems to make more sense to go to SE Asia for about 4 weeks, hit the highlights of Vietnam and Thailand then come home and get back to work. It's this kind of responsible thinking that makes me realize that the party is over and I really am a grown-up now! Bummer! Good news is I'm devising a plan to only have to be a real grownup for about 5 years or so, after which I should have the professional and financial freedom to take sabbatical/relax a bit or do something alternative with my career so I can continue to have a life and really reap the benefits of my hard work.

Well, enough dreaming for today. I really do have a lot to finish up this week! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment