Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hump Day

Thank God it's Wednesday. Really, I'm just dragging this week. Yesterday when I was riding my bike home I thought I wasn't going to make it. For some reason my bike just didn't want to propel forward. By the time I got home I was dripping with sweat and by the time I carried my bike up to the third floor of our apartment building I was dizzy. I had to lay down for a few minutes and drink some orange juice before I felt better. The weirdest part was that, while I didn't eat much in terms of calories yesterday, I had tons of protein including a chicken breast sandwich for lunch. Anyway, as soon as the room stopped spinning my appetite went nuts and I snacked most of the night (healthy stuff and within the boundaries of my iPhone-induced "diet").

Today I'm feeling sluggish too. I'm sleeping and eating well and my week has been great so far, but for some reason I just really want some time at home or time to chill. Maybe I'm not unwinding very well because our apartment is so small. Maybe I never feel like I have that down time everyone needs sometimes. Hmm.. it's not that Leigh and Juneau are trying to crowd me (well, Leigh isnt' trying to), but I tend to hang out in the livingroom, so it's probably self-imposed. I might need to try locking myself in the bedroom for an hour every day just to decompress.

Anyway, today was super low-key at work. I dealt with some little administrative stuff during the morning and then enjoyed an awesome FREE lunch for young lawyers hosted by the Anchorage Bar Association. The afternoon was spent trying to dig myself out of the post-lunch slump, to no avail. However, I was not alone in this as my co-clerk actually had to go home a smidge early because she wasn't feeling very well.

Oh well, the wee is mostly over with and tomorrow is super low-key because we've cancelled our Thursday morning mediation session (which means NO SUITS!).

This weekend I'm determined to do something fun. The last two weekends I've been so relieved to have some down time that I spent the whole two days in my PJs relaxing or running errands to prepare for the week. Leigh and I are going on a date on Saturday, which will be super fun, and maybe we'll get motivated and hike Flat Top or something... I also really need to do some work on my bike. She's sounding pretty tired herself....

No comments:

Post a Comment