Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"I Swear"

Well, I did it! Today I was sworn into the Alaska Bar. So cool!

I didn't think it would be a big deal because normally 50+ people are sworn in at a time following passing the Bar Exam. This time it was just me and one of the judges I work for. Then this morning when I went over to the judges' chambers to be sworn in it turns out that we would be using an empty courtroom AND a few people I work with (including my co-clerk, another judge, and a judicial assistant) wanted to be there to watch! Having people there to celebrate a little bit made it seem very special. Then my co-clerk said that she figured that, after getting married, being sworn in is one of the more important days of our lives. I'd never really thought of it that way before, so yeah, today was really fun.

On top of all the ceremony, I dressed a little nicer today by wearing a skirt suit and cute shoes. My efforts did NOT go unnoticed. It's always fun to get a compliment, especially on a big day. My co-clerk topped of my lovely morning by buying me lunch at a cute local art cafe. Now we're back at the office and getting back to work.

So I guess it's official... I'm a lawyer now.... :-D

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! And how exciting about your trip to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Heather! I'm super excited about my trip too. It's actually hard to imagine waiting 6 months for my next trip!

    ReplyDelete