Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dear God is it the Weekend Yet?

Oh my gosh I am so tired today. I've been running on empty since Monday, trying to fit everything into my day normally in spite of not resting up enough over the weekend and starting my week with an energy deficit and without being really prepared for my week. Then the last few nights I've either stayed up too late or had to get up too early (for office Christmas party stupidness) or both. Last night I stayed up till the wee hours (11:30pm) so I could watch Rachel Maddow on the Tonight Show (which was very entertaining, I love her. She's kind of dreamy) and this morning had to get up in time to dress, start up the car and stop for breakfast somewhere because we ran out of milk yesterday (dear God!). So it's been a weird week and my body just won't keep up.

This holiday season is proving to be more challenging than I anticipated. Until this year I've been in school, so I had final exams followed by a nice long vacation from responsibility (unless I had to work). So I'd study really hard, take my tests and then relax from about December 15th or so until just after the New Year. This year every day is perfectly normal with work, gym, errands, etc but I still have to make time for things like Christmas shopping, office holiday stupidness, cooking, and dealing with dangerous roads and subzero temperatures. It's exhausting! I'm not even traveling this year and I feel completely out of sorts!

Anyway, it'll be over soon. This evening I plan to complete my Christmas shopping. I need to get gifts for my family back East and get those in the mail ASAP so they make it sometime around the actual holiday. Between being stretched for cash and for time I've managed to put this off to the last possible minute for the first time in my life. I don't like this frantic feeling...

OK, I should get back to work. I really need a nap, or a second coffee, or a vacation, or maybe all three....

No comments:

Post a Comment