Thursday, December 23, 2010

So Far, So Happy!

Yesterday I allowed myself to succomb to impending illness and went home at 10:30am. This means I cashed in 5 hours of PTO time, not too shabby. This week I will have used one full day of PTO for various personal matters, which isn't too bad considering that it's a holiday week and I haven't had a lot to do. Anyway, I went home and hit the hay immediately. After laying there frustrated for a few minutes I eventually fell asleep and didn't wake up until nearly 2:30pm! I guess I needed it. I downed a few glasses of OJ, did some cleaning around the apartment and then picked up Leigh from work. This morning I feel 95% recovered. Thank goodness for taking time off to recover before a true recovery is needed! Otherwise I likely would have gotten ill to the point of lasting effects.

Today is a great day so far. I got to work to find two presents on my desk: a bag of truffles from a JA down the hall and a card from my 10 judges with a $50 gift card to a nearby espresso place. This is probably my fourth gift of coffee gift certificates. It seems I've made an impression on my co-workers and loved ones of needing lots of caffeine to survive my job, or maybe it's just a lawyer stereotype. Either way I'm happy to have oodles of free coffee, tea, and snacks for the coming months!

Also, Leigh is working a half day, followed by lunch with me, then errands, then I'm skivving off a few hours early so we can hit the gym and still be home with time to spare. We have plans to start our holiday cooking and cleaning tonight so that tomorrow is just relaxing. Super excited to be only a few hours away from a true three day weekend!

That's all for now! Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment