Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another Stream of Consciousness Post

Wow, I'm dragging today... big time. Stayed up too late last night watching True Blood (on DVD, can't wait for Season 3 to be released!) and buying new music on Itunes (with my stocking stuff gift card- woot!). So today I have zero energy, but I have to pull myself out of this fog because 1) I need to get some stuff done today and 2) I need to go the gym for the first time in about a week. My tummy is noticably, shall we say, "different looking" after two holiday dinners and days of leftovers.

Anyway, yeah, I really need a nap. Can't do a lot at work right now because I'm waiting for an instructional email. Another reason to go ROWE: If I made my own hours I could go do other things (such as take a nap or hit the gym now rather than later) whilst waiting for said email and then spend my evening finishing up this task rather than sitting here killing time and waiting for instructions. Oh well, that's life.

Enjoying my new album from The Kills at the moment. Yay for new music! Should help motivate me to get my sorry butt to the gym today.

Hey, did you hear about the robot English teachers being used in South Korea now? I KNEW my job last year was pointless! (kidding...) The funny part is that the robot's "face" looks like a White female but the voice is transmitted remotely from a Fillipino English teacher. So you have a 3ft tall robot with a Caucasion face and a Fillipino accent. Trippy. Overall a great idea though, especially with the note at the end of the article that the plan is to use the robots in rural parts of the country where foreign teachers won't agree to live. My only complaint is that anglophones aren't doing the voices. The best way to learn a language is to practice with native speakers, not with other second or third language speakers. But one step at a time, right? What a cool way to earn a living- remotely teaching lessons and having conversations with students around the world. In theory, you can live wherever you like as long as you are available to direct the class during school hours in the necessary time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment