Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend in Buffalo

Now I'm going to post something real, rather than a stupid survey. My apologies for that earlier, I was really bored in class (it's tax week...ugh).

Anyway, after receiving permission from my project team I took off last Thursday to fly to Buffalo to visit Leigh and Juneau and spend some time with Buffalo friends. The flight down was very smooth without delays and I even checked a suitcase of dirty laundry to save myself the trouble of a Spanish Harlem laundry day when I returned. 

Buffalo was pretty great. On Thursday evening I met Bianca for Vietnamese food and to catch up. She's always great for conversation and surly comments. I may have even convinced her to come visit me before the semester ends. On Friday Leigh treated me to a Buffalo Sabres v. Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game- AWESOME! The game was very exciting, the seats had a good view of the ice, and Buffalo won 5-3. Fan-freakin'-tastic! On Saturday we chilled out, ran some errands and Leigh cooked me dinner. I bought Juneau a furminator, which she loves, and a yoga mat sling for myself. Then we went to Traci and Chris' new house to have a couples evening for a few drinks and to visit with their puppy Jazz. 

On Sunday the weather in NYC turned to complete shit so my flight was cancelled, so I rescheduled for 6am on Monday (today). That was the only way I could get back to NYC in time for class this morning, which was very important considering I missed last Monday due to illness and Thursday due to this trip. The flight was fine but a little late getting in, then I splurged and took a taxi from JFK to Spanish Harlem to drop off my HUGE suitcase rather than taking it through the subway during rush hour. I made it to class in time, a little dazed but present, then came home and passed out for a few hours. 

The moral of the story is that it's nice to visit your friends and kitty cat, but my attempt to save myself a little money and trouble by taking my laundry home ended up costing me $50 in taxi fares. 

Now I'm back in NYC and I really need to buckle down. I have about 4 weeks to finish my major project, which I've really only just begun this past week. I blame this procrastination on a lack of direction from the powers that be, but that's neither here nor there, I still gotta get it done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment