Friday, July 10, 2009

Class is over!

Yesterday was our final class meeting. Most of the class celebrated afterwards at the Peanut Farm over a few pitchers of Alaskan Beer. The early evening weather was fantastic for sitting on a porch unwinding with friends. It feels really good to not have anywhere to be anymore. I can make my own study schedule, sleep in, run errands, etc at my leisure. I still have a ton of stuff to do every day, but at least now my time is much more flexible.

The Bar Exam is 18 days away. Wow, that's going to come up much sooner than I want it to. The good news is that I have a game plan, and plan of attack, and hope that I might just pass this thing.

Today I ran some last minute errands to tie up loose ends for my Bar Bri job. This included driving to a sketchy end of town to the UPS warehouse to pick up a packet of graded essays. My students had better love me after that....

I also found an ad on Craigslist where some local massage students are looking for "clients" to practice on for class credit. Between their course credit needs and my tight muscles, we may just have a beautiful symbiotic relationship in the making. Come to think of it, I know 19 other people who are stressed beyond belief who may be equally willing to offer up their bodies for the sake of education. I have an appointment for Monday evening. Hopefully the sketch factor will be minimal and I can relax a little bit.

After my errands I took the afternoon off from being productive (even though my calendar has me scheduled to write 5 essays). I watched 2 CSI episodes on Netflix, read the first part of my book about Van Gogh, and talked to Leigh on the phone for a while. Now I'm wading through my notes from the past two days of intensive lectures and will eventually mold them into an outline. Tomorrow is a day of Evidence review and essays as well as some Family Law, then I'll be back on track starting Sunday.

My travel plans for the next few months are finally starting to come together. This evening I bought a one way ticket from Seattle to Washington, DC. I leave for Seattle on August 3 at 1am and will be there, working, until September 2. I have an appointment with the French consulate in DC for my visa on September 3. Then Leigh and I are going to visit my parents in Ferrum the following week before camping in Maryland for a few days, just for fun. All I have to do now is wait for my teaching contract to come in the mail so I can prepare my visa documents and book my flight to France for the end of September.

My goals starting Sunday are to 1) keep up with my daily assignments 2) review my MBE "problem areas" every day 3) attend church on Sunday and 4) go on a hike, even if it's just a couple of miles and only gets me outdoors for an hour.

Well, I should hit the books again so I can get to bed at a decent hour tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment