Monday, July 6, 2009

Things I Miss About:

New York City:

  • Having countless places to go when I need to study, spread out, find quiet, etc
  • WALKING to where I need to go. God, having a car and living in a flat city is making me fat and weak and generally unhappy
  • Bagels (& schmere, for that matter)
  • Halal food
  • Endless possibilities of things to do when I need a break from work/life
  • Note: there are many, many things I DO NOT miss about NYC, but that's another post

Buffalo:

  • Leigh
  • Juneau the cat
  • Leigh's apartment
  • Leigh's cooking
  • Cheap eats and stuff to do
  • $3.50 movies that I actually want to see
  • Friends, law school and otherwise
  • My comfort level

Virginia:
  • My dad, step-mom and their puppy dog
  • Roanoke
  • Kayaking at the lake
  • the sound of crickets and the sight of lightning bugs
  • Riding motorcycles
  • Sweet tea and southern food in general
  • Extreme relaxation

Juneau:

  • Steep hills, tight mountains and green everywhere
  • Great hiking
  • Boy Scout Beach and Perseverance Trail
  • Chilled out people (i.e. "liberal" Alaskans)
  • Friends from a past life and a few from a life not yet lived
  • Quirky shops
  • Ferries
This is not to say that Anchorage isn't a fine place to live, but my only experience of this area so far is studying, feeling cooped up and being generally very confined. Plus I'm just missing certain people and comforts at the moment.

Practice MBE is tomorrow, bright and early! I'm in the home stretch of this prep course, then I just have to keep working really hard to get ready for the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment