Monday, July 13, 2009

Lessons from today

1) read slowly....
2) learn contracts!

I took a practice exam (again) today and finally scored better than the "goal score" listed in the front of the book! The goal was for 22 correct and I got 27 correct. This may seem like a small feat, but I (and most of my Bar Bri class) have consistently fallen just short of the goals on practice exams and it gets demoralizing.

Today, however, I tried something new. I stopped caring about how long the questions took and read very slowly, allowing myself to reread if needed. It made a HUGE difference. It's OK that I take extra time, too, because yesterday I finished my 100 question quiz about 20 minutes before my timer went off, so I figure I have the time to spare.

Wow, that was a really in-depth discussion of my study techniques. My apologies. I'm just excited to have finally broken through the glass ceiling. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the wheel-spinning version of studying I have been suffering from the past few days. *sigh*

When is the test again?
Actually, a better question seems to be "why the hell did I go to law school?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment