Thursday, February 5, 2009

Juneau Pictures (the cat, not the city)

...because I miss my cat (and because Lorrie asked to see pictures of her).

This is Juneau, she will be 6 in April. She was born in Farmville, VA but now lives in Buffalo, NY. You can tell she's my child because she, too, has green eyes and is short.

Juneau often strikes adorable poses because she knows it melts hearts leading to many hugs and kisses as a reward for her cuteness. The smaller quilt she is laying on was made for her by my grandmother when she had fabric leftover from making the larger quilt that's on the bed in this picture. Notice the cat design on Juneau's quilt. Amazingly Juneau is aware that the smaller quilt was made for her and she will always chose to sleep on her quilt over other options.


We had a huge mantel fireplace at our first Buffalo apartment. Juneau found that she could comfortably fit on the mantel and even sleep soundly there. I like the second picture because she's covering her eyes.


Juneau and I lounging around. Notice that I'm in my pajama's and extremely disheveled in this picture, which indicates that this could be a weekend or really any day of the week after I've gotten home from work or classes. Leigh believes that the moment I walk in the door at home my pajamas magically appear on my body and has said that she has sometimes gone several days without seeing me in presentable clothing.

3 comments:

  1. She misses you very much, as do I. I'll give her a kiss for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you click on the images to enlarge them (especially the first one) it's like whoa! monster kitteh! Seriously, she's kinda scary. Well, as scary as Juneau can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Juneau can never be that scary! I miss her a lot.

    ReplyDelete