Monday, June 8, 2009

An Horse and An Unproductive Day

First, An Horse:

Newish band from Australia I heard of from Tegan and Sara (because I know them, we're old buddies... if reading their blog counts as being buddies. OK, OK T & S talked about the band on their website and I totally did as I was told and bought the album..whatever!). 

I digress- so I heard a few snippets of the album recently released by An Horse and thought it was cool and catchy so I bought it. The album was only $7.99 on itunes so I was suspicious that it might mildly suck, but it is AMAZING! Every song on this album is catchy, good, well-written, complex, etc. The lead singer's voice is interesting and the instrumental sections are each really interesting and, like I said above, pretty complex. If you like Tegan and Sara but like something a little harder I think you'll like An Horse. They also remind me a bit of Bloc Party but with a little less of an electronic sound, a little more indie. 

So I've been playing the An Horse album on a loop for a few days now. 

Unproductive Day:

Today is the second Monday of my BarBri class. I had every intention of achieving the following goals today:
1) go swimming at UAA (1,500 yards)
2) do all homework for today's class
3) review notes from last week that I'm not sure about
4) go to class

I only achieved #4, and I only did that because I'm the course administrator and if I don't go to class nobody can get into the classroom! When I woke up I realized exactly how much homework and studying I had assigned myself that day, that I didn't have any food in the fridge that could be packed into a sack lunch for the library, and that lap swim would take up about 2 hours of what would otherwise be study time.

So I accomplished these tasks today:
1) checked my email
2) read for class tonight
3) went to Costco and bought a few things I needed and a few things I wanted
4) went to Fred Meyer for office supplies (flash cards, anyone?)
5) spent $50 (see above)
6) finished 98% of my homework for class tonight
7) attended class

While I did more different things today than I had hoped for, few of those things were on my original list. What's more I REALLY wanted to go swimming today (*she whined*)! So now that I have the office supplies I need to study, food for packing my lunch for the library, and a better understanding of the passage of time I believe that tomorrow will be better.

Speaking of tomorrow, I'm going to try to unwind and get to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight. With that I leave you with this from An Horse:


No comments:

Post a Comment